Cheesy music can often be the best thing ever and no holiday has inspired as much of it as Christmas has. From contemporary classics to animated super-villains, our list covers all the bases.
1. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
The golden standard by which every contemporary Christmas song is measured.
2. Christmas With the Devil – Spinal Tap
Fake rock band? Check. Cult comedy heroes? Check. Dude with a big-ass tail? Check.
3. Last Christmas – Wham
80s hair, fashion, and shoulder pads. Cheese doesn’t get any better, or more singalong-able than this.
4. Jingle Bells – The Joker (From Batman: The Animated Series)
This beats the original in every way. It’s even slightly more epic than the version we used to sing in primary school.
5. Underneath the Tree – Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Clarkson can sing anything and make it sound grand. Plus, live performances don’t get much more Christmasy than this.
6. Sleigh Ride – TLC
When they aren’t busy dissing scrubs, TLC can be found bouncing around, spreading Christmas joy.
7. Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Idina Menzel and Michael Bublé
This cover of the Christmas classic stars mini-me’s of the singers dancing through a hotel lobby and generally being adorable.
8. Ludacristmas – Ludacris
Featured on the Fred Claus soundtrack, this song finds Ludacris detailing his Christmas plans and musing on whether Santa thinks he was naughty or nice. Badass.
9. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Bruce Springsteen
The Boss, in a red cowboy hat trimmed with white fluff, belting out a song about a fictional character. Enough said.
10. The Grinch Song – The Grinch (From How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
Grinches of the world, this one’s for you.