1. The teta who showers you with gifts and food…and the gift of food. Lots of food.
2. The loud and officious tant and/or uncle who just have an opinion about everything.
3. The aunt who always has the insider info on the latest family scandal.
4. The annoying spoiled toddler.
5. The few people who you’re not sure exactly how you’re related – bloodwise – but are family nonetheless.
6. The “cousins” you’ve never met but somehow know everything about your life.
7. The cool aunt who helps you sneak around.
8. The sketchy cousin-by-marriage who may very well be a drug dealing pimp on the weekends.
9. The tween cousin who posts inspirational quotes on a One Direction song because her life is so deep and tragic.
10. The cousin who also doubles as your best friend.
11. The wild cousins who doesn’t miss a Nacelle night out.
12. The Ikhwan side of the family that disapproves of most things you do.
13. The critical aunt and the spinster whose only goal in life is to get a husband – mainly so the overly critical aunt can get off her back.
14. The wife of your cousin whom your mom, grandma, and aunts overanalyze and critique. She can do no right.
15. The hired help – at the end of the day, we realize they’ve been through everything with us and they’ve become a part of our family.