What do Samuel L. Jackson, Chef Gordon Ramasy, Salma Hayek, Lucy Liu, Sir Magdi Yacoub, and Prince Al Walid Bin Talal have in common? They’ve all at stayed at the Fairmont Nile City.
As one of the most luxurious hotels in Cairo overlooking the Nile, Fairmont Nile City offers Cairenes and guests from around the globe a truly unique range of facilities that are sure to make any stay memorable.
Most famous for delectable cuisines (hello, Saigon), the sky-high Sky Pool, and for their oh-so-soothing Willow Stream Spa; Fairmont Nile City boasts some remarkable facts about itself that have been quite well-hidden… until now!
1. Fairmont Nile City is host to the largest spa in Cairo – measuring 2,200 square meters. Plan a weekend escape and get a massage that is sure to rejuvenate and prepare you for another hectic week.
2. Willow Stream Spa is the only spa in Egypt with a panoramic sauna. The mesmerizing view will make you forget the fact that you’re in a very hot room.
3. Also, in the spa, the sinks are made of actual fossilized wood that has been turned into marble slabs. Who said you can’t feel like royalty while washing up?
Fun fact: It takes millions of years for wood to fossilize.
4. Sky Pool is located on the 25th floor of the hotel – easily making it the highest pool in Cairo. The pool offers a beautiful view of Cairo’s skyline and the Nile. Keep your infinity pools California, we like our pool view from Fairmont Nile City.
5. Think Inception, only with hotels. Fairmont Nile City hosts Fairmont Gold – the largest executive lounge in Cairo. Spread over 3 sprawling floors and with its own restaurant and facilities, it’s basically a hotel inside a hotel.
6. Fairmont Nile City is quite the hot-spot for famous people. It’s been a temporary home for Saudi royalty, Hollywood royalty, singers, philanthropists, and an actual British knight (Sir Magdi Yacoub).
7. The elevators in the hotel are some of the fastest elevators in the world – accelerating to 3.5 metres per second. It’s an adrenaline rush, and you’re sure to get that ear-popping feeling every time.
8. Fairmont Nile City is always on the look-out for local artistic talent. Their art collection, curated by professionals, features pieces by renowned and relatively unknown Egyptian painters and sculptors.
9. The 13th floor doesn’t exist in a single Fairmont hotel, due to triskaidekaphobia – an extreme fear of the number 13.
10. A hand-crafted Italian Murano glass chandelier decorates the Saigon Lounge, lending it a truly regal feel. Murano glass is a type of glass made only on the Venetian island of Murano – they have specialised in unique glass-making for centuries.
Feel free to show off your new Fairmont trivia, and what are you waiting for? Head over there and ask to stay in the room Samuel L. Jackson stayed in. Fair warning: We’ll be staying in Gordon Ramsay’s suite, so you can expect us to randomly pop into your kitchens and scream obscenities.